We asked the Related Realty team to share some of their favorite holiday traditions during this time of the year. We hope this list inspires you to make new memories and start a few fresh family traditions that you’ll look forward to year after year.
- “The first family member to find the pickle hidden in the Christmas tree got an extra present.” –Lucas M.
- “Setting up the family Christmas tree and another mini special tree in my daughter’s room.” – Alex H.
- “My family and I love to bake together and share the goods to all loved ones! We deliver them throughout the season hope it makes you that much merrier!” – Nazy H.
- “A classic Italian tradition is to enjoy a feast of fish on Christmas Eve. Growing up, my family honored this by having baked clams, seafood salad, and octopus among more. My husband’s family is Italian too and celebrates the holiday the same way so it’s a tradition that will live on with us and we will pass down to our future family.” – Sarah P.
- “Every Christmas Eve our gathering is always 40-50 people and we all sing Christmas Carols as a family, hoping that Santa hears us and stops by to visit the kids. Thus far he has shown up every year! It’s always a magical moment when the big guy shows up!” – Erin W.
- “My favorite childhood memory during the holidays is baking giant Christmas cookies with my mom. We had matching red aprons with gold poinsettias on them and would pull out her big Kitchen Aid mixer, making everything from scratch- even the royal icing. My mom would buy these special sprinkles that were silver and gold, and we only used them when we made our Christmas treats. We used these large, gold cookie cutters that my mom has had for years- a snowflake, snowman, evergreen tree and a Santa hat. We always ended up with more cookies than expected, but that made it all the more fun to share with our neighbors and family. Baking with my mom is a holiday tradition that still continues to this day, I look forward to it every year. Now, I get to carry on that memory and bake cookies of my own to share the love with other people she shared with me. There’s no place like home for the holidays!” – Shelley H.
- “We would sing the Flintstones theme song when we’d light Hanukkah candles!” – Brittany S.
- “My favorite holiday traditions are meeting my family in Arizona for a *warm* Thanksgiving and getting Chinese food and going to the movies with friends on Christmas.” – Alyse S.
- “Putting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving while watching classic holiday movies is one of my favorite traditions and something I look forward to every year.” – Abbie A.