Sometimes casual chic just doesn’t cut it. You want to dress up, be pampered and feel like a millionaire, at least for an evening or an afternoon. Fortunately, the “Windy City” offers a number of swanky restaurants, stores and night clubs.
1. Bernard’s Bar at the Waldorf Astoria. Located near much of downtown Chicago’s luxury real estate, Bernard’s Bar is a cozy North Coast cocktail lounge with sophisticated beige and cream decor and all of the latest martinis on the menu.
Bernard’s Bar – 11 East Walton Street – Chicago, IL 60611 – 312 646-1300
2. Oak Street shopping. The swankiest shopping street in Chicago is the one block stretch of Oak Street near the northern tip of Michigan Avenue. This answer to LA’s Rodeo Drive is home to such designer emporiums as Giorgio Armani, Louis Vuitton and Prada.
3. Acadia. Voted the top fine-dining restaurant in Chicago by “Timeout Chicago” readers, this elegant south loop eatery boasts a spacious dining room with white-upholstered chairs, high ceilings and dark wood accents. The food here is as beautiful as it is delicious, using fresh, local ingredients in unexpected ways.
Acadia – 1639 S Wabash Avenue – Chicago, IL – 312 360-9500
4. Hotel Monaco. Arguably, the swankiest hotel in Chicago is the AAA four-diamond Hotel Monaco, overlooking the Chicago River in the downtown loop neighborhood. The sleek, Art Deco-style hotel features 191 guest rooms, a chic roof-top pool and sun deck and a trendy bar that highlights American cuisine. Oh yes, there’s also that dynamic view of the river and the downtown skyline.
Hotel Monaco – 255 S. Wabash Avenue – Chicago, IL 60601 – 312 960-8500
5. Cuvee. Named for the exclusive cellars where the top French Champagnes are stored, Cuvee is an elegant European-style wine bar and night club. You can sip a glass of Champagne here, sample the latest martini creation or dance the night away.
Cuvee – 308 W. Erie Street – Chicago, IL 60654 – 312 202-9221
To find out more about living the good life in a Chicago condo and about other Chicago real estate, call us today.